NOTE: We've guessed that
you're not using a client that supports colored tables and have tried
to compensate. Low graphics mode looks much better on clients that
do... we recommend switching to Netscape 3.0 or Microsoft Internet
From The Developers...
So, what is WW2010?
WW2010 is an all new comprehensive earth sciences related web site
under development at the University of Illinois.
current weather data and detailed explanatory/instructional material
as well as curricular materials, archived products and case studies.
It employs the latest in WWW technology to deliver a large content database.
Overview of WW2010 Features
a project summary
- An extensive collection of high quality traditional products.
- New and unique products (like isentropic maps, forecast model comparison
- Customized color tables allowing the most important features
to easily stand out.
- Data up to several weeks old is maintained online.
- For each available product, there is a corresponding helper page to
introduce the product, the fields displayed and how to interpret them.
- Key words are hyperlinked to relevant concept helpers that provide
brief yet informative explanations about fundamental topics in earth sciences.
- Links from helper sections to the online guides provide the user with the
option to investigate a given topic in greater detail if so desired.
The Online Guides:
- Multimedia instructional modules covering a variety of topics in
the earth sciences (from fronts to El Niño, from ozone to hydrology).
- Selected pages linked to relevant
online activities and curriculum for use in
- Efficient Navigation:
Easy to use and consistent navigation system
allowing users to move between any one of hundreds of pages with only a few
clicks and return easily.
- Automated Layout:
Each page is formatted and the links to the navigation menu system are
maintained automatically. Server appearance can be globally changed in
- Multiple Formats:
Pages can be displayed in both high and low graphics modes and with or
without Java enhancement to accommodate a variety of user network and
- Java Viewing Tools:
Image products can be displayed in a Java-based viewing tool that offers
user selectable overlays, looping and the ability to probe and display the
actual data value at the location under the cursor.
- Personal Service:
The server can distinguish between individual sessions through the
subsection, customize server appearance and set up personal collections
- Educational CD-ROM:
Static portions of server, such as instructional materials and archived
data, can also be easily replicated and run off of CD-ROM...ideal for
For additional information contact: